ADD A CHARGEPOINT
Please list your chargepoint on Bookmycharge! It would really help us if you would support us by adding yours. These are pioneering times and there simply aren't enough public chargers yet. Help an EV owner by listing your private chargepoint.
The spirit of Bookmycharge is about those of us who believe in EVs as the future for cars and for the planet. We believe this community will thrive because we know that EV users are people of good heart who are willing to help.
How does Bookmycharge work if you list your chargepoint?
- It's a community for EV chargepoint owners and those looking for a charge. It's free to register. Your details (first name, first part of postcode, chargepoint details, its availability and the cost) then appear on the Bookmycharge map.
- You can set your chargepoint to Accept or Decline (better suited to domestic chargepoint owners) or Instant Booking (better suited to non-domestic chargepoint owners).
- EV owners wanting to use your chargepoint will make a booking through Bookmycharge. If your chargepoint is set to Accept or Decline, you first log into Bookmycharge to accept or decline the booking.
- After the guest EV owner pays their Bookmycharge fee (your price + a small service fee + transaction), the system will send each of you the other's contact details to get in touch to arrange the charge.
- You set your own price for providing the service (and you can change it subsequently if needed). The amount is a simple flat rate covering a single charging session from your chargepoint. Charging times vary and each booking period may be different. The person booking will request the number of hours they would like. If they use less time on the actual day, there is no refund given to them. If they need a bit more charging time than they’ve booked, you aren’t obliged to give it but might choose to do so. You can then request a transfer of funds from your Bookmycharge Account from two working days after the completion of the charging session. This short delay allows for any issues arising on either side to be reported to us.
And as a reward for being willing to support the Bookmycharge community with the provision of a chargepoint, you will pay less to charge your own vehicle. The standard Bookmycharge service fee is 20% + VAT on top of the individual owner's charging fee, but this is reduced to 10% + VAT if you have a chargepoint of your own listed. (Note: VAT is payable only on the 10% or 20% service fee element and there is no VAT payable on the charging fee itself.)