Weekly update 31 August 2021
Fully Charged Show, Tesla and Rivian all in the news
- There are only a few days to go until Fully Charged OUTSIDE (3-5 September), one of the world’s biggest electric vehicle events.
You can book tickets to attend here.
- Map creators Ordnance Survey are hosting a ‘hackathon’ to try and use its resources to plot the best places to put new chargepoints to meet future EV demand.
You can learn more here
- New car production in the UK dropped by 37.6% in July 2021, recent figures revealed. The drop was blamed on the ‘pingdemic', factory shutdowns and the global semiconductor shortage. However, despite issues, electric and hybrid models reached a record market share of 26% since last year.
Read more on Autotrader.
- Tesla passes the million mark for Model 3... pretty impressive! Lest we forget, Tesla was founded as recently as 2003...
Read more on Clean Technica
- EV maker Rivian, backed by Amazon, Soros and BlackRock, has filed for a blockbuster IPO at year end, with projected valuation of an eye-watering $70-80 Billion leapfrogging their value over many legacy car makers.
Story on Reuters